Maximize Your Philanthropic Goals
- Make a difference in people's lives and always be remembered for your contribution
- Benefit yourself, your family and Mercy Home for Boys & Girls with your planned gift
- Help us fulfill our mission for many years and generations to come
Donor Advised Fund
Are you looking for a way to benefit Mercy Home for Boys & Girls both now and in the future? Would you like to simplify your annual and lifetime charitable giving?
A donor advised fund (or DAF) might be a great solution for you. You can also use a DAF to distribute gifts to numerous charities. With a DAF, you can make gifts to charity during your lifetime, and when you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving.
Benefits of a donor advised fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax and cost efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Receive an estate tax deduction and savings from your gift
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
How a donor advised fund works
- You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF at Mercy Home for Boys & Girls.
- The assets in your DAF grow tax-free.
- You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF.
- When you pass away, your children may recommend charitable gifts from your DAF.
More on donor advised funds
A donor advised fund has several advantages when compared to a private foundation. The start-up time and cost are minimal for DAFs, and gifts to DAFs are generally deductible at fair market value. A DAF is also not subject to the distribution requirements and certain excise taxes faced by private foundations.
If you have any questions about donor advised funds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.